CT DPH COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Interest Survey
The Connecticut Department of Public Health sent out a survey, to Connecticut practicing health care providers not already enrolled in the Connecticut Vaccine Program (CVP), to assess interest in administering the COVID-19 vaccine. The survey is to be completed at the practice level and not for each individual provider. Provider practices already enrolled in the (CVP are being asked to complete a separate survey.
Although it is not yet known which vaccine(s) will be approved. DPH has provided the following phased approach for the distribution of a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Distribution may begin as early as November 2020
- Doses will be very limited
- Dispensing will be characterized by highly targeted administration to critical workforce and the staff and residents of long-term care and assisted living facilities.
- Most community-based providers will not have an active role during this phase.
- A large number of doses will become available.
- Broad administration will be required to achieve population level immunity.
- Community-based providers will play a key role.